The Talon SRX is the latest smart speed controller of the Talon platform from Cross the Road Electronics. The Talon SRX adds support for CAN, additional communication protocols, and integrated PID control.
- Includes support for several communication protocols
- Onboard PID algorithms grant quick access to advanced control
- Compact, lightweight package is ideal for competitive robotics
Please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org for warranty issues or Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) for this product.
Motion Profile Reference Manual
In addition to support for CAN and other advanced communication protocols, the Talon SRX includes a compilation of smaller features that add up to a robust all-inclusive motor speed controller.
- CAN and Digital IO protocols augment motor speed control with direct sensor feedback
- Onboard closed-loop PID control algorithms make complex motor control accessible to all teams
- Full aluminum case, passive cooling fins, and sophisticated internal components make fans optional
- Completely sealed enclosure prevents debris from getting anywhere it shouldn't be
- Electrically insulated components allow for direct controller mounting to a robot frame with no fear of shorting
- LED indicators blink proportionately to output speed for easier debugging
- Illuminated "Brake / Coast Calibration" button enables one-touch setting changes and calibration
- Robust embedded power & output cables will never shake loose during a match
- Built-in pockets sized for #8 nuts and zip tie grooves make rigid mounting simpler than ever
- Integrated sign-magnitude synchronous rectification reduces heat generation at full motor stall
- 15 kHz output switching frequency ensures smooth and precise motor control
- Dimensions: 2.75" x 1.185" x 0.96"
- Supported Communication Protocols: PWM, CAN, SPI, USART (serial)
- Direct Sensor Input: Yes
- Nominal Voltage: 12V
- Min/Max Voltage: 6-28V
- Continuous Current: 60A
- Surge Current (2 sec): 100A
- PWM Input Pulse (high time): 1 - 2 ms nominal
- PWM Input Rate (period): 2.9 - 100 ms
- PWM Output Chop Rate (Switching Frequency): 15 kHz
- Minimum Throttle (Deadband): 4%