The SLA1116 is a 12 Volt, 18 amp-hour sealed lead acid battery with nut and bolt connector. The batteries will be packed within a 7"x7"x7" box (aka: interior box). A layer packing material surrounds the interior box, within a 9"x9"x9" box. The entire weight of this double box packing assembly will be approximately 29 pounds.
These premium batteries are AGM (absorbent glass mat) type sealed lead-acid batteries. AGM batteries use thin glass fibers interwoven into a mat. This helps to make the battery spill-proof, as the fibers containing the glass mat gradually absorbs the acid composition. As a result, AGM batteries have fewer hazardous material limitations.
AGM’s unique composition allows the batteries to produce high currents and longer life span. The technology also minimizes internal resistance and helps the battery to survive low temperatures. Specific models of AGM product will allow users to benefit from AGM’s deep-cycling capability. It also offers a charging speed that is 5x faster than conventional flooded deep-cycle batteries.
• Less prone to sulfation - (Topping off charges typically only required every three months).
• High on-demand power, Low internal resistance & responsive to demand load.
• Longer/ better cycles & efficient usage life than conventional flooded systems.
• Up To 5X Faster charging capacity (Compared to conventional flooded battery technology).
• Stands up well to cold temperature.
• Vibration resistance due to sandwich construction.
• Spill proof through acid encapsulation in matting technology.
• Eco-friendly, has less electrolyte and lead compared to conventional flooded type batteries.
• Higher cost than conventional batteries.
• Must be stored in charged condition (less critical than conventional flooded batteries).
• AGM batteries are sensitive to overcharging
Two (2) batteries are shipped within one box for this price.
- AMP Hours: 18
- Life Expectancy: 100% Depth of Discharge: 200 Cycles, 80% Depth of Discharge: 225 Cycles, 50% Depth of Discharge: 500 Cycles
- Life Span: 3-5 years in float service application, 1-2 years in competition robotics at peak performance, but longer as a practice or demo battery
- Manufacturer: Interstate Batteries
- Manufacturer Part #: SLA1116
- Size: 7.1 in. long x 3.0 in. wide x 6.58 in. tall
- Style: Sealed Lead Acid
- Voltage: 12V DC
- Weight: 12.5 lbs each battery
Interstate Batteries SLA1116 User Guide.pdf